Friday, May 26, 2017

Discovery

I needed to clean off the design wall and put it away for a visit from our Grandson. There is a bed behind it. The hourglass quilt just needed a few pieces to finish and would be so much better than dumping it in a box and forgetting what I was doing. However, when all the pieces were done, the hourglasses were wrong in the corner. Oh my, I checked and checked. I counted the little tiny squares on the graph over and over. I walked away three times. I rotated the quilt and replaced everything. The counts were right, the hourglasses were right. I gave up and put on my pjs. I went back. Now it was war. This time I started at the first corner, not the two I had been working to piece. And there it was - a mistake in the very first turquoise row, I had not thought to check the already done part. Since it was all pinned and pinned, I sat on the floor to unpick the seam and started rearranging. And finally, it was right.  Argh  and phooey.
It was too late to actually finish sewing.
Only purple left in the basket to add to the quilt.


All the 4 patch x blocks are trimmed
All these string blocks are trimmed and starched

backing and binding are ready for wild and goosey

One of my time outs included a bit of purging and organizing. I found this in a bag of scraps someone had given me.

It appears to be all there. I just had to check and see. I can't save everything. right? It isn't my style but oh well, it will make a good donation quilt after JUST a few seams. There was a bit of purging too. Not enough but some.
Everything may be on hold while we have our Grandson for a week. We may try to have fun:)

I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop


7 comments:

  1. Maggie,
    How annoying not being able to find your error. Ugg, that happens to me so many times win cross stitching. You count and you count and you know it's wrong somewhere . . . Enjoy the week with your grandson. Priceless memories to be made for all of you. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have some blocks I received from someone that just need sewn together! I should dig them out and just do it already! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the hassle. The top is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of sewing. The hourglasses look great though, will be wonderful to see it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found the mistake and she is now ready to be sewn. Enjoy the week with your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How maddening when that happens [ask me how I know!!;)) ]
    I just do love your hourglass piece--it is amazing--so lovely...hugs for a Happy Memorial Day weekend {cloudy, rainy, windy ucky here--soooo, perfect for sewing, right;))}
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you found the error and got it corrected, you'll be finished quickly once you get back to it. Enjoy the week with your grandson.

    ReplyDelete