Tuesday, May 2, 2017

cross blocks

May 1st,  I started working on my One monthly Goal. I don't want the month to get away from me. And with Spring, and garden, and lots of family stuff, I need to get right to it.
I made a first prototype of the cross block and it worked.
I am using 2 inch strips cut at 5 1/2 inches to allow for trimming the corners. For the triangles, I am using 4 1/2 inch strips using the easy angle ruler. I have them cut.
And I have a few sewn.


These are 8 1/4 inches but I will trim them to 7 1/2. So exciting to be working on this quilt.

I have been sneaking a few garlic knots as I get a chance since they are so fun.





I am linking to:
Fiber Tuesday


Free Motion by the River

3 comments:

  1. How fun is this pile!! Love the geese blocks! they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blocks! Can't wait to see the finishes - keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cross blocks are going to use up lots of scraps and those garlic knot blocks are very fun! Good luck with your May OMG.

    ReplyDelete