Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Saturday soire block of the month progress

I have been working on one of my 5 quilt projects, lately. 

5. Saturday soire block of the month. This an older UFO from 2013. I opened the box, and, all of the blocks are pieced. I have the 3 setting kits to start. I am cutting for kit 1. I remember being in love with this quilt. I don't have a picture in the box, so, now, it will be a mystery. I bought the red kit as a block of the month. There was a blue option, and when the lqs closed, I bought the blue version as part of their closing sale. For now, red is one of my 5 quilts until it is finished.

I discovered 4 setting kits in the box. They all need to be cut and pieced. They are more intensive than the blocks themselves were as the block of the month. LOL I am making progress, though. So far, I can take this as a portable project when I social sew.

these are the alternate blocks to the sampler blocks

these are the setting blocks

I  am linking to:


5 comments:

  1. The setting blocks are pretty, the quilt is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! No wonder you fell in love with Saturday Soire. I can see how the setting blocks are hard to piece but you are making progress. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked it up -- quite an ambitious project. Homestead Hearth's designs are always big. https://www.peabodysfabriccloset.com/shop/c/p/Saturday-Soiree-Quilt-Kit-by-Marcus-79-34X101-complete-x63565784.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I followed the link given by Nann, and your quilt is going to be a beauty! It's fun to find back the blocks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m anxious to see this “mystery quilt “! I’ve never made a red and white quilt! It’s beautiful!

    ReplyDelete