Saturday, May 27, 2023

lucky star block

I am finished with orange for the rainbow scrap challenge in May.  I made 3 orange stars from batiks to add to the stars I have been doing this year. I made them this morning. I am just getting up too early any more.


The Spring flowers have been beautiful this year. The pink roses are from my Grandmother's garden. I rescued them when I was a child. They are blooming this year just like the year I fell in love with them as a young girl. In front of the them are dame's rocket which is one of my favorites, too. They smell so great and I let them pop up wherever they want. 


The last few years, our peony has opened by memorial day, but, this year it did. We have had this plant since we were married, and moved it twice.


We had irises for years and then they all seemed to die one year. We are slowly bringing them back.

7 comments:

  1. Your stars are really pretty! I love seeing the flowers, too. I've never heard of Dame's Rocket before, but it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers! Dame's Rocket is plentiful. Apparently the seeds are in those packets of "wildflower mix" which has helped their spread. Our early iris are gone but the mid-season are about to pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you are waking up so early, Maggie, but you certainly made good use of your time. Thanks for sharing those lovely garden photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think you just can't beat star blocks, one of my favourites. Lots of pretties in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your orange star blocks are so pretty. Orange has never been a favorite, but working with orange (the few I have) this month, I have to admit I like it more. Thanks for sharing your garden photos, beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful orange stars. The garden shots are lovely too. I like the stories behind them as well. Isn't it weird how all of a sudden a regular bloomer disappears?!? I had the same thing happen with my 4 o'clocks. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those star blocks look so pretty in orange! Love them. thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/05/31/wednesday-wait-loss-330

    ReplyDelete