Friday, May 19, 2023

tokoyo subway finish

I made this as part of the rainbow scrap challenge in 2018

It was an oh Franson pattern. I used a 2 inch square interfacing and ironed the squares by color on the fusible side. I could then fold along the strips and sew the rows together. It was a process. As each color of the month was chosen, I would add that color to all the squares that would need it.

It is Tokoyo subway by Elizabeth Hartman.  I downloaded mine from her website when it was free.


60 x 60 = 12 yards


I am linking to:

11 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks so great. I can't believe that was an RSC project. It looks too complex to be made color by color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out fantastic! I made a wall quilt using just a portion of this pattern - I like it but it is mostly red and black which doesn't match anything in my house so I don't hang it. What was I thinking???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finish! The how-to is fun, and the finish is such a pretty scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds complicated, but it looks really neat. Congratulations for the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finish! I've always thought subway maps looked like quilt patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a lovely finish. Sounds like quite the process but the results are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out so lovely! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant, using the fusible square grid to set it all up! It looks exactly like the Tokyo subway map.

    ReplyDelete