Wednesday, May 24, 2023

floor triangles bits

 Underneath my sewing machine, I keep a basket of triangle cut offs and bits. While I was cleaning the floor of my sewing room, I needed to handle a bit of a mess they created. They play while I am not looking, and walk about the room at night.  Corralling them was easy, but not playing with them was impossible. Mostly they are smaller than a 2 1/2 inch hst. Some are very tiny.


I know I want to make ( someday)  a basket quilt with 2 inch hsts, and, I want to make ditch lillies (bonnie hunter) with 1 1/2 in hsts. I like the idea of sewing wonky triangles to the corner of a 2 1/2 inch square for a confetti quilt and little hourglass blocks. 

2 1/2 inch

2 1/2 inch




4 1/2 inch

I have little beauty blocks I am making every now and then. 

monkey wrench and lil beauty basket

I have had a wonderful time "cleaning" the floor underneath my sewing machine. I could even vacuum. haha

3 comments:

  1. There are a lot of ways to use those little triangles, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever you are with those tiny triangles! The blocks are beautiful. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss

    ReplyDelete