Saturday, October 10, 2020

sunshine yellow

Yellow is the color of the month for the rainbow scrap challenge. Yellow is my favorite color, but, it doesn't look as lovely in my patterns as some of the other colors. hmmmm

country roads


tiny houses

I've been working to finish a couple of ufos. I finished Aunt Mary's double irish chain yesterday.

I ran into a snafu with the patriotic ufo. I discovered that I had 3 sashing strips for the inner border attached, but, not the fourth. It was nowhere to be found. I made the decision to unattach one of the borders, and make 2 new ones for the top and bottom. I think it looks ok. I would have preferred they all match. So, all borders are on the top, and, it is on the longarm frame ready for quilting. I hope I get to that today.



My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:

 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road
and now
postage stamp psp20

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap
UFO busting



11 comments:

  1. You'll find the 4th border as soon as you finish the quilting. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow can be a bit much all alone, but as part of a collection it is such a great addition. Your yellow blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks in yellow! The houses are so cute - especially the one that says, "Sew!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bits of yellow sure do add a sparkle to a quilt. Good luck with the quilting on the pretty patriotic quilt today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that sometimes my yellows don’t have enough contrast when used with neutrals. I think your blocks look great! They will all add just the right amount of sparkle to each quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yellow blocks are all lovely. I’m totally smitten with your little houses. Between you and Cathy at Sane and Crazy, I think I’ve been pushed over the edge - gotta make some!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that sweet little SEW house!!! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yellow will provide a nice sunny spark for your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Great yellows, love all those
    houses..have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your yellow blocks all look great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your yellow blocks especially the "sew" house!

    ReplyDelete