Thursday, October 15, 2020

stash buster

So funny.... definitely me

I have a few more stash buster 2020 blocks made. If I have a scrap that I can get a 3 1/2 inch strip and a matching 2 inch strip, I will put it back for this block. Then I cut it until I can't get any more matching sets. I have several repeats this way, but then the scrap is gone. 




I have a bin of 2 1/2 inch hsts and matching 2 1/2 inch squares. I cut the wedding ring blocks the same way. I need 16 hsts and 4 matching squares. I cut the hsts until I have 16, then, cut the matching squares. Any leftover hsts in a fabric that doesn't have all 16 I need, I throw ( gently) into a hsts box.


I have felt a little under the weather lately. I imagine it is just the changing of the seasons.

I am linking:

3 comments:

  1. Good advice at the top there! That's how I work, too! Sounds like you have a great plan for finding the right size scraps for your different blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Love the art of productive procrastination. :D Nice scrap projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! Someone is wise to the benefits of procrastination!

    I'm making Wedding Rings from 2 inch scraps and I've had to make a few scrappy ones because I didn't have enough of a scrap for the squares after I cut the HSTs.

    Our local weather man said the other day that with all the fronts coming though it may lead to headaches and/or body aches and pains. We had very high winds again yesterday.

    ReplyDelete