Friday, October 23, 2020

patriotic boxy stars

I began this project as a finish with one missing inner sashing border. I fixed that by taking the other border off and adding 2 new ones in their place. I added an outer border, and then, the quilting began.


But, then, I had some kind of crud that was not covid - 19 ( negative test). It sat for at least a week. 

I finally finished it. This is a free pattern at quiltville. I had this scrappy project in a blog post here in 2018 and blocks here.

80 x 97



I used a flannel wide backing for the back, and, did swirls for the quilting. I gathered red scraps for a scrappy binding. I am thinking I will donate this to the veteran's home here in town, as soon as, I find out any rules.


This is my 22nd ufo finish for phd 20

I'm linking to:

TGIFF

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish! The quilting enhances the piecing nicely. I'm sure someone at the veterans home will love it; I hope you can get it to them sooner rather than later so they can appreciate it. You are generous to donate such a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finish! I love this project and love that you have so many UFOs for 2020 done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that! I'm always looking for a different way to do a QOV and this looks like a goody. I've done 2 and really need to get another going. Good job on finishing up the UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat yourself on your back! You've finished an amazing number of UFOs this year! I'm impressed but I might be a bit jealous too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great finish! glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI,
    Beautiful quilt...congrats on a finish. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a wonderful finish & the perfect donation quilt.

    ReplyDelete