Thursday, October 29, 2020

guild presentation

We had quilt guild last night. We are meeting in a park pavilion so the pictures are crummy, but, you can get an idea of  the quilts that our presenter brought for us to see. Steve is from Brownsburg Indiana and has a shop called: not your average quilter.


He specializes in applique and does it all on an elna domestic machine. He began as a designer for guard outfits and flags for bands many years ago. His quilts were intimidating, but, lovely to see.



There are  189 pieces in the lion.

This is a vector photo of himself.









My pictures don't do these quilts justice. I feel like such a slacker after seeing his show worthy quilts. But, this morning, I pet my fabric, check on my projects, and I am happy quilting again.

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! Those are some amazing quilts. Broad variety of style, too. He has a definite artistic talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible presentation, Maggie!! Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am floored. Wow is an understatement here. I am so grateful you shared these pictures with us. Thank you. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are pretty amazing quilts! I can see how they would be intimidating, too. But, I'm like you - I'm just happy to be in my sewing room, playing with my fabric - no matter what is being made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG those quilts are GoRGeOus...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, these are fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing. I will be featuring this post in this week’s Creative Compulsions.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete