Monday, October 26, 2020

to do: use a new trimmer

I have an abundance of shirts whole, and in parts. I found a great idea for a block using shirt fabric, and, started cutting. The block uses a 4 1/2 inch center and 10 -2 1/2 inch hsts so I cut and cut and cut...and sewed and sewed and sewed.....

I used my slotted trimmers for the hsts.




and, then, I had 4 blocks. I really like the look of them, and hope to continue.



oops I am angled challenged

It doesn't use as much from a shirt as I expected, so I have 2 sets of 100% cotton shirts for sale in my etsy store here and here. I will never be able to use all I have in my lifetime. Email me if you want to negotiate a price.







8 comments:

  1. Those slotted trimmers for hst's are really great! I have one too and now I actually don't dread making hst's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice block! I've been using Eleanor Burns' Triangle Square-Up Ruler for HSTs -- it works the same way as the one you show. (All these ruler variations are kind of like "build a better mousetrap.") My shirt collection has grown on its own...hope you can find new homes for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes a neat block! I like the combination of the shirt fabrics and solid triangles. Did you like your new tool?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful in shirts! I was thinking about that block for crumbs but never did get around to it. I hope to use up my shirts in Buckeye Beauty blocks. I use the Easy Angle ruler to cut HSts and then I don't bother to square up or trim anything but the dog ear with a snip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love plaids and stripes and I also love using shirts! Your quilt will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen the slotted trimmers, must look into those. The blocks are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maggie! I think I have one of those slotted trimmers . . . hmm. Now I need to go look. HAHA! Great idea for those shirts. So you're basically passing on your overload of shirts as a squirrel project?!! Just kidding, of course. But I have been tempted - but not acted YET - on the idea of going to pick up some shirts for a project just like this. I don't dare bring one.more.thing.into.the.sewing.room right now but thanks for linking up! I am 100% certain those pretty shirts will find a home very, very soon. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't tried the slotted trimmer but everyone seems to like it. Good luck on the to-do's!

    ReplyDelete