Thursday, December 5, 2019

rug class

Our little rug hooking guild is part of ATHA ( association of traditional rug hooking artists ). During the biennial gathering in Cleveland Ohio, we made contributions and received a monetary stipend for education as a thank you. Recently, we had a Bev Stewart from southern Indiana present a class for us. It was fun.
We each received this little project. I finished everything but the background in class.


In this project we learned beading with 2 colors of wool, proddy, crochet, and stem stitch, all with wool. I like the look of proddy ( flower), but it is tough on the hands. I am not at all sure what I want to do with it.



I am linking to:

4 comments:

  1. Oooh pretty! Looks very complicated, but what fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower is so pretty - love that it is 3D! I'm sorry to hear it is hard on your hands, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A poinsettia is perfect for Christmas decorating! Looks great, but I have always wanted to learn and make rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Poinsettias always say Christmas for me. Thank you for linking up with Creative Compulsions!

    ReplyDelete