Friday, December 13, 2019

friday sew

Last week, our Friday group met together. Everyone was busy with their projects. I really enjoy this time together, but only recently started taking my sewing machine again, after the restrictions for my back surgery were lifted. I have a rainbow crayon quilt I wanted to put together.


I had made the letters, along with the crayon, according to the color of the month for the rainbow scrap challenge. So, if you wondered what the letters were meant to be, this is part of them. I was really interested in letters for 2019. It seems I made letters for everything. I decided on this layout.


Maris was working on a red, white, and blue soul searching.


And Linda was working on a complicated block of the month.


I am so inspired by the quilts my friends are making.

I am linking to:



I am linking to:

rsc19 super saturday


16 comments:

  1. love all the color - the blue and red really looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t wait to see your crayon quilt finished! I really need to invest in a book for piecing letters, because they always draw me in! Do you have a favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crayons look great with the letters! That is going to be a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your rainbow scraps are becoming such a fun quilt! You did a great job with that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute crayon box. I like the addition of your words. That's good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Part of the) Mystery revealed!! I was wondering what you would be spelling out. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the crayon box! I found a few strips I made years ago planning to do something like that. Maybe 2019? Thanks for always inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love how you “thought outside the box” with your crayon quilt! What a darling quilt it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your crayons, and the words make it really special, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I like the crayon quilt - what a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your crayon quilt, it's great with the words too! Oh that soul searching quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your crayon quilt. Great idea for the rainbow challenge. Thank you for linking up to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The crayons are great -- and with the letters/words? Even greater! (And thanks for the links to the link ups. Some new-to-me.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! I have been waiting to see these blocks all come together. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am enamored by your crayon quilt. This is my first visit to your blog. Are your letters improv? They sure look great!

    ReplyDelete