Tuesday, December 17, 2019

accuquilt

An exciting day - my accuquilt order has arrived. Accuquilt had a 60 % off sale for the black Friday shopping days. I have all the main dies I want, and, I use them all the time. And it did seem that they marked everything up 20% to start. But, I spent a little while shopping, putting dies in my cart, and, then, taking them out of the cart. To be honest, I think I confused myself , LOL. I waited a day to think about it, and then ordered these goodies.


It was a big, heavy box. The top die will cut 1 1/2 inch squares from a 6 inch scrap. I don't normally cut squares this small. I prefer to leave them as strips. But it might be fun. The second die is 2 inch finish at 1/1/2 inch quarter square triangle. I have up to 4 inch quarter square triangle dies, but not this little one. Isn't it cute?


I always order back up plastics when I have an order being shipped, especially free. I use my plastics to death, but I had some almost broken, so it was time.


This was an interesting die called fractured. I see a lot of empty space on the die. It is 36 inches long.


They have a pattern using it, and, it looked like a good scrap buster and quick donation quilt die.


I ordered the 1 3/4 inch strip die. I think it will come in handy on those projects that I want to cut bigger and trim. I had a couple projects last year, and now that I have the die, I will probably never do that again LOL.

And there was a free ruler that didn't make it through the shipping process - a little corner was broken.


I ordered late and most of the dies I ordered were backordered, but, I have been patiently waiting for this to arrive. I wanted to order the pineapple die, but it was bigger ( and more expensive ) than I wanted, and I do have the templates so I didn't order that one. Merry Christmas to me!

I am linking to:
to do tuesday

















7 comments:

  1. I can tell by the photos you must have the studio die cutter. I have ordered dies and then don't use them nearly as much as I think I will and have had the plastics crack on me to as when I do use I use it a lot. The fractured die is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great Christmas present! I don't have a fabric cutter like that yet, but they sure look handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie! Merry Christmas to you indeed. This looks like a f.u.n. box full of goodies. I don't have a die cutter but I think you made excellent choices. Have fun playing with your new goodies. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops - forgot to say thank you for linking up today! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your early Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great dies! I'm still waiting for shipping notification for my order. Hopefully soon as I have some Bonnie Hunter quilts I want to work on after the current mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you! I hope you get many hours of enjoyment from your accuquilt supplies.

    ReplyDelete