Wednesday, December 4, 2019

more sand castles

I really like that I have gotten to the block part of the sand castles quilt. I started making the string blocks, and, then, making a million 4 patches. Each one is different and looks different and feels like a new surprise every time I finish one.


I still need to cut several more kits. I need a 2 1/2 inch strip that is at least 21 inches. I am cutting the 5 -2 1/2 inch squares first, and, then, I can use an accuquilt die to cut the triangles. I enjoy making one or two in between other sewing.


sand castles is a Bonnie hunter pattern in the book string frenzy, I started it here and here and here.

I am linking to:


3 comments:

  1. nice that you can square them all up in the end and not worry about that part of the strip piecing

    ReplyDelete
  2. A million 4 patches is how I feel too, but there are so many different things to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see this one done! Love all the color.

    ReplyDelete