Tuesday, October 1, 2019

good fortune finish

I have finished all the quiltville mysteries. It was a challenge started by Jo Kramer of Jo's country junction last year. She finished all the quilts in one of Bonnie Hunter's book. I joined in the challenge by deciding to finish all 18 of my mystery quilts. I pretty much did them in order. So my last quilt is Good Fortune, the 2018 mystery quilt.




I finished this as part of my 2019 finish along, I just didn't get photos until I had help today.

I am really excited  about finishing this challenge. I have started every mystery, but one, and they kept being sent to time out in favor of other projects. I finished 18 quilts and have them out of the ufo closet. Now a big decision coming up in November with the start of another mystery from quiltville. Am I done with the mystery or will I do the new one.
I have a page at the top of the blog with all the mysteries there.

My list for the 3rd quarter:
1.wiggle time finished
2. allietare finished
4. sweet land of liberty
5. unicorn
6. good fortune finished
7. crazy 6
8. countryside cottage
9. sugar mountain finished
10.En provence finished
11. melba applique
12.on ringo lake finished
13. scrappy twirl
14. soul searching

I am linking to:
to do tuesday


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your accomplishment! That's really amazing! And you have some very beautiful quilts to show for it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so impressive to have finished so many of Bonnie's Mystery quilts! I had to go take a look at all of your finishes, and of all of them I like 2010 Roll Roll Cotton Boll the best, but all are great. I've never made or started a single one, but have friends who follow Bonnie's QAL every year - I should ask them how many they have finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie! What a great finish. You have been rocking it lately, and this is another star. I love the fabrics you chose - those cute bears on the backing look sweet with the swirly quilting. Thanks for linking up today! Now that this is out of the UFO closet where is it headed? I hope you are keeping and enjoying it. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I forgot to say thanks for linking up! ~smile~ Roseanne

      Delete
  4. Fabulous!!! You really cranked them out. I think you should do the next two mysteries and quit at 20!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I would be impressed with myself if I made just one of these mysteries! What a lot of pieces they all have. Your Good Fortune is beautiful, of your 18 mystery quilts it is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot Woot. Way to go, Mamo. I'm putting all my mysteries on my 4th quarter...unless I missed one somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. O and...I love that teddy bear backing.

    ReplyDelete