Thursday, October 3, 2019

A new goal for October

About 5 years ago, my daughter and a friend, Lucy, and I swapped baskets made from scraps for Bonnie Hunter's quilt called Lucy's baskets. I have a total of 230. They have been in a project box all this time. I am not sure I want to set them the same way that Bonnie Hunter did. I want to make this my One monthly goal for October. I would like to make it to a top, but I will be happy if I can figure out a plan and make a decent start with them. There is a lot of time invested in these and happy swapping memories. I had included this as one of my goals at the beginning of the year hoping I would not let another year pass without making a plan.


They are very small at just 3 1/2 inches. The basket handles are hand appliqued.


Bonnie set hers with a plain square in between. The pattern is in her book More adventures with leaders and enders. I have 9 out of the 12 quilts in the book started and, I finished 2 of the them, Easy street and lazy Sunday. I actually saw this quilt in person at one of her lectures. It was lovely.


I am linking to:

9 comments:

  1. Looks like it will be a lovely quilt when finished. I'm visiting from Creative Compulsions

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful find to work on. I really like the baskets as well as the pattern with the contrast print in between. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, with the baskets done, you're halfway there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your OMG for October.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, boy!! What a great collection to be able to play with. I look forward to seeing how you decide to set them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you make with the basket blocks... it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little basket blocks are so cute! I am eager to see what you do with them. Thank you for linking up to Creative Compulsions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe man. I should pull mine out...Maybe I'll aim for a top soonish with it.

    ReplyDelete