Friday, October 4, 2019

garden party


This is the perfect project for me to work on these days. It can be compartmentalized and is repetitive enough that I don't have to think.
I am making these 9 patches as part of garden party quilt that is a bonnie hunter pattern from her book addicted to scraps.  After sewing a million 1 1/2 inch black and white strips together, I subcut them into the 2 sets I need to make 9 patches.


I love just feeding the pieces through my sewing machine. I just let the rhythm sooth the mind and soul.


And if that wasn't enough, I have cute little 9 patches when I am done.


I am linking to:


7 comments:

  1. These look so cool! I have been thinking about making a Garden Party quilt for myself and I really like your black and white idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been very productive this week with your nine-patches. I don't know this pattern, so it will be nice to see the rest unfold over the weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and white is always a winning combination. You are off to a good start on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your colors.... And I agree - its really nice to have things to sew that don't take too much thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you I love the easy sewing of 4-patches and 9-patches. I'm able to just zen out. Your whites (aka low volume neutrals - I love that name for whites) are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've gotten a great start on the bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete