Monday, October 7, 2019

swap blocks

It's that time again - a new month - a new set of swap blocks to make.  These are some that I have received from my friends in the swap. I really enjoy making these blocks, and, I have thoroughly enjoyed swapping. The year will end soon enough and it will be time for the hard work of assembly to begin.


We had a chance to attend a quilt show in Lafayette and enjoyed the quilts.




But I really liked the "garage sale" portion. I bought a scrap bag of blacks, a joann block of the month from the 90s. a scrap bag of neutrals, and some 2 1/2 inch strips. I am always surprised at what some people consider scraps. To me, they are huge.


I am linking:

4 comments:

  1. Love those swap blocks. I have fun looking to see if I spy any fabrics in my stash. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those scrappy swap blocks. I like the garage sale portion of quilt guild sales too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely bunch of swap blocks! I’ve never seen a “garage sale” at a quilt show before. What a cool idea. Sounds like you got some really good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a lot of fun at the quilt show. Enjoy all your new "scraps"

    ReplyDelete