Friday, March 29, 2019

good fortune goal finish

I have finished the top of my good fortune mystery quilt. I liked adding a border that was string pieced. It meant there were no seams to match.



March is coming to an end and I have finished all my projects for my one monthly goal.  I added borders, quilted and bound the Denise Schmidt version of Grand Illusion, a quiltville mystery quilt that I am calling sunshine skies.



I quilted and bound Cactus patch which was a quilt that I made some time ago, and had not finished it. It is also a quiltville quilt from scraps and shirttails book.
This is Bonnie Hunter's quilt on her site.


I made some string pieces for another quiltville quilt called Sand castles. This is a new project for the year, so I can take the whole year. I have the papers ready, and have gathered the taupe fabrics, I can use. This was part of string frenzy book.


I made my 30 blocks for the swap I am participating in, using our version of circa 1880 as the inspiration.
Here are some I made..

And here are some I have received


I am linking to:


Whoop Whoop



12 comments:

  1. congratulations on finishing Good Fortune - will you quilt it or someone else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely quilts! And yay for meeting your monthly goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! So many possibilities with neutral strings!!

    I adore your swap blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a number of goals for the month! Congrats on getting them all done. That must feel good! I have done a few of Bonnie Hunter's designs too. Love all the piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome finishes! You got a lot of things done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Thanks for linking up with One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finishing your Good Fortune top! It looks like you are Bonnie Hunter fan too. I love your 1880 blocks, that project has tempted me, but I have too many other things started.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing off your OMG! Good fortune looks great. You got a lot done on several scrappy projects this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to seeing more of your Good Fortune quilt in due course. Each time I walk past my flimsy of it I see all the tiny pieces and vow not to join Bonnie in this year's quilt! Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your finish! Love your Good Fortune. Gotta love fun neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a good month. way to go!

    ReplyDelete