Tuesday, March 5, 2019

faux hexagon

When I opened a project box a bit ago, I found this Christmas table runner project in strips. I had to study it again and decide where I had ended, and where to go from there.


That evening, I sewed them together and added the borders. This was a workshop 7 years ago. We used a trace n create template from Nancy Zieman. The set includes a set for tumblers as well as hexagons, and in several sizes.


And this pattern


We cut strips and then traced the cut line with the template for the piece. Then we could just cut along the strip and had pieces that looked like this.


After, a visit to the design wall, I decided on this layout of fabric.


It's ready for quilting. And I can take it off the ufo list. I'd like to think this is one of the oldest ufos, but I doubt it.

I am linking to:
Free Motion by the River

chameleon color linky

Oh scrap

3 comments:

  1. What an interesting way to make the hexagon quilt! I had to scroll between the templates and the pattern and the finish quilt to figure it out a bit... My brain is slow that way sometimes. LOL!! Yay for a finished top and busting a UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I am doing the same.some of my ufos have become smaller projects lol

    ReplyDelete