Friday, March 15, 2019

dwr rows

I am still working on the double wedding ring quilt. I have all the rows completed, and now, it's time to get brave and sew the rows together..... hmmm......maybe next week.


I have loved everything about making this quilt. I am truly glad I took the plunge and decided to make it. And, I do want to see it finished. I started the quilt because Jo of Jo's country junction published her version of it in magazine, and started a quilt along. That was the motivation I needed.
I love the fabrics and that all of it came from my stash. I love that the ratio of boring sewing to interesting sewing is good. I love that it was easier to make than it looked. I hope I am not counting my chickens before they hatch, but, I am excited about this quilt. I used a different template than Jo, which was bigger, and, that might be why it has been easier than I thought.

I am linking to:

Whoop Whoop

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing that this was easier than it looked! It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! It looks very hard to me And you did a beautiful job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. Double wedding ring is on my to do list for one day. Your's is going to be beautiful. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing the rows!! I know just how much work goes into traditional double wedding ring piecing. It sure gets you over the fear of doing curved piecing, too!

    ReplyDelete