Sunday, August 7, 2022

Stash report August 7, 2022

 Missourri star had batik 10 squares that I liked the colors. But what I really needed were the sewing machine needles. 

Stash report  August 7, 2022


fabric added: 1 1/2 yards
fabric added year to date: 77 3/4 yards 

fabric used: 0 yards

fabric used year to date: 134 3/4 yards  

57 yards used more than bought. 

I sewed 4 days last week. 

I have a little more done on my witch rug which I started here in March. I dyed the wool for the  creepy moon background for my witch rug. I am excited to hook the moon next. 


We have had great success in our garden bed growing swiss chard. It has been a real treat. I like it better than spinach and it doesn't mind the sun or heat. It grows back if I cut it, and has been yummy. I have not been successful with spinach. And because it grows tall it is keeping weeds down and moisture levels up. - a great combination.

red vein and green vein varieties

I am linking to:



15 min to stitch at life in pieces

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh a new rug project! The new fabrics are pretty ;)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe I have never eaten swiss chard?!? Sounds like I am missing out! Great job on the dyeing... will be perfect for the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Island Batiks of course! What a great collection that includes my favorite color purple! The way you've dyed that moon fabric has me so excited to see it in the rug. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I've never eaten Swiss Chard, I'll have to put that on our grocery list and try it. I do the same thing, go into JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby for 1 thing and come out with 10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful batik squares. I feel you....have walked in a shop for a spool of thread and came out $90 later with a big bag of stuff.

    ReplyDelete