Monday, August 22, 2022

5 quilts August 22, 2022

 last  report August 5th

1. Rainbow scrap challenge - orange- playing catch up on my star and crown blocks in purple. I don't think I will be making any of these blocks for the orange month, although, I haven't looked in my stash. There may be a cheddar or a smokey orange. We will see.

2. rhododendren mystery - hunter -    I have found the blocks. But that is another story here. I soaked and washed the stained blocks, and, I have started with the short rows. I am having a hard time with the directional blocks.

it's a beginning


3. Boho heart -Nothing new here. I am at a part that intimidates me. I can't just pick up something and quickly sew it together, so I procrastinate.

4. maple leaves - I found a fabric I liked for another border, but, there wasn't enough for a big border. I found a back, and, I am looking for the binding fabric.

yellow is always a good choice

5. fair and square -The top is pieced and ready for borders. The borders are made with 2 inch squares. I have 2 borders almost pieced. I will add to them after I add the inner border.



MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

1. EPP green - need back and binding - ironed - frame - changed my mind

customer quilt time pause

2. lotus flower? I don't remember this -my notes say it is in the upstairs 

customer quilt time pause

3. blue ridge beauty - This month's one monthly goal so I better get to this one this month.

4. scrappy twirl

5. ugly I spy

I am linking:


6 comments:

  1. All of these projects look magnificent, Maggie!! I can totally relate to how you're feeling with your Boho Heart, though. I'm stuck like that with two projects, a skirt that needs an invisible zipper put in with pattern matching at the side seam and the final borders for my big sampler quilt. So I find myself procrastinating by working on other projects that are more straightforward -- and less fraught with danger -- while I'm working up the nerve to just go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the maple leaves quilt, do you want that one block rotated the wrong direction?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see to blocks than are rotated but the one really stands out more than the one on the side.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Fair and Square is one of my all time favorite Bonnie quilts. I made so many years ago and it's still my picnic quilt. Yours looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many tops almost complete! What a great week for you. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so pretty! Love that maple leaf quilt, I need to make one. Those star and crown blocks are really neat.
    Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete