Monday, August 8, 2022

bow tie

Bow tie blocks were the 2011 quiltville mystery leader/ ender challenge, and Bonnie's first. She did hers with cheddar fabric, I believe. I wanted something a little brighter. At the time, I had a bunch of scraps that were polka dots, and so, it began.  With the 2022 announcement, I realized I didn't have a great finishing success record. I think 2 out of 12. But, I started all of them. I decided to try finishing one this year instead of starting a new one...... so far. It was an easy choice, start with number one. Remembering my plans is the hard part. And my notes are cryptic, even mysterious. I have 200 + made and I need a few more. Once I went down this rabbit hole, I remembered that they are a lot of fun to make, really. Mine are finishing at 3 1/2 inch squarish. I am hoping for a top this year.

and an easy breezy to boot

 

In the center of this bed are my beets. And they are doing very well. To the right is swiss chard  (yummy), and, to the left, is green beans that are actually purple. I have grown beets before, but, usually, we don't get a good harvest. I think this one will be great.

I am linking:

7 comments:

  1. Love polka dots ! this one's gonna be a charmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3.5" blocks are really tiny! I've never made a bowtie quilt, sounds like a good pattern for a crib quilt. I'd probably make mine with 6" blocks or perhaps, maybe, 4.5". Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet polka dot blocks. Awesome job. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polka dots are such fun! Especially when you use different size dots. Love these blocks. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always been a fan of polka dots (right down to my senior prom dress that I made!)! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those polka dot bowties are cute! What kind of container is that for your veggies? Everything is so lush!
    Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tueday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maggie,
    I love the polkadots and great idea to finish the old projects. I’m trying to do that too. You don’t have very far to go on this one, do you? Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete