Monday, February 19, 2024

glitter progress

I have had my glitter blocks made since 2018. This is an older ufo that I have added to my 5 quilts project in an effort to finish my ufo projects. My notes say that My Friday group started making this Jen Kingswell pattern together. I am the last one to finish. typical. I used scraps from a quilters estate to make the blocks. I know I had the template set and used it to cut the pieces. When I pulled the project out of the box, I was happy to see all the blocks were made. I started sewing twosies and then foursies. I am making 8 rows of 19.



I have been pinning two rows together while watching TV at night and then sewing them in the morning. I can feel it is getting close and I like seeing all the unique combos and fabrics. 

5 comments:

  1. A very fun scrappy quilt. So many colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn’t it feel wonderful to near the end of a longtime WIP? This is a beautiful pattern. Are you hand piecing these blocks or sewing them on your machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great design -- your scrappy version really does glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! With your goal of focusing on finishes this year, you'll have many more easy to finish quilts like this I'm sure. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/02/21/wednesday-wait-loss-368

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your glitter blocks, Maggie! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete