Friday, October 20, 2023

spool top finish

 hooray - I added the borders to my spoolin around top. It is ready to join the longarm cue. I have a customer quilt to do first. I made the spool blocks along with the quiltville leader/ ender challenge 2012-2013. It became part of the 5 quilt project in August when I opened the ufo project box. Many of the blocks of 4 spools were turned wrong, and, I spent time remaking many of them. I was ready for borders late September.



the free 2012 leader/ ender pattern is here


I am linking to:

TGIFF different   

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful top to celebrate. Great job. I will look forward to seeing it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a scrappy quilt! Good luck finding time to quilt it. Thanks for linking with with TGIFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green lime border. It makes the quilt sing. Well done. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely little spools here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This flimsy looks so nice, the green border really brings life tothe quilt! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the looks of the small black and white stop border! Clever idea! And the lime green with four patches is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That green border really sets off the rest of the quilt. Beautifully done! And congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is quite the leaders & enders project!!! I can see why it took awhile to finish it! Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great one! Those borders are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you finished this with the pink and green! So pretty. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/10/25/wednesday-wait-loss-351

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on your spooling around quilt! So close to a finish! I do love that green background color in the border! Makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a beautiful job. And quickly too! I have one at the long arm quilters that I started in 1989! SEE what I mean about quickly?

    ReplyDelete