Saturday, October 14, 2023

crazie

The color of the month for the rainbow scrap challenge is neutrals. I thought it would be a good time to dig out my neutral strings, and, continue working on these blocks for quiltville pattern craizie maizie. I have more than enough strings of color, but, not many neutral. I started these string blocks a couple of years ago. I grab a bag of strings and make a few until the neutrals are gone. Then, I put them away for awhile.  This month, I am intentionally finding larger strips in neutral to make more.


bag of 200


Last week's mini churndash blocks - 3 1/2 inch

7 plus 1

7 comments:

  1. I seem to be short on neutrals too. I’m trying to fix that, if I find a sale. I choose neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to Google the Crazie Mazie quilt pattern - it's a fun one! Your string blocks will add up over time, and soon you'll have enough to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini churn dash blocks are a great reminder to go mini with scraps. My scrap bin could better be termed a crumb bin. Your blocks look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been moving along with so many of your scrappy projects the last few weeks. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those little 3.5" churn dashes! ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to buy a few fat quarter neutrals lol cute blocks! & oh my goodness those little churn blocks!😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blocks. I especially adore those little churn dashes! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/10/18/wednesday-wait-loss-350

    ReplyDelete