Wednesday, April 26, 2023

workshop for guild

My guild has asked me to teach a trip around the world quilt workshop. I agreed, if, I could use what I had on hand. Of course, I would need samples of how to make it. I had a whole bucket of flannel 3 1/2 inch strips, yippee. I am not sure the colors will be a stand out, but, that is the magic of TAW quilts. They seem to do their own thing, no matter what the fabric is. I have the strip sets made, and, it is time to subcut and start laying them out.



I made progress and I am starting to see how this will go together.


Some parts of Spring have come earlier than expected and some parts are still waiting. When I first planted my bleeding heart, it would disappear. I thought it was dead and didn't make it. But, it appeared again the next Spring. It is one of many of those Spring flowers that remind us of hope and wonder. And, umm, that we better start weeding -haha.

bleeding heart

I  am linking to:

6 comments:

  1. The fabrics for your Trip are wonderful! This will make a great class. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love, love, Trip Around the World quilts and yours is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics in TAW look so nice. My bleeding hearts are up but not blooming yet. I had transplanted them last August which wasn't ideal but it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you got a good start on your guild workshop. I love the bright yellow you are using, it should make a stand out quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet quilt that is going to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gentle colors of this quilt are so appealing, and knowing the fabric is flannel makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete