Wednesday, April 19, 2023

shirts recycled

At some point, I started cutting shirts, and, I wanted to organize them. I think it was when I pulled a new UFO project from storage called hand me down. I cut 11 quilt kits - 2 scrappy pinwheels, pineapple blossom, rail fence, 2 ohio star, snails trail, churndash, barnyard split nine, boxed shirts, and take 5. I have a kaliedescope quilt I want to cut.

I cut layer cakes, charm squares, 3 1/2 inch strips, 2 1/2 inch strips, and, I now have a large bag of crumbs and strings. I decided to spend March with my shirt fabrics. I renewed my love for the look and feel. I counted 49 plastic containers - yes 49, and, I wanted to reduce by 10 %. There are less buckets of fabric, but if the quilt kits stay around, the fabrics are still here somewhere LOL

I did cut through 5 plastic containers, and, I have the remaining containers all in one place. It helped me realize, I don't need to be so careful using them. I have plenty if I need them, again. All the cut shirt kits fit in one smaller plastic container.

strings and crumbs

string blocks


3 1/2 in strips 3 lbs 5 oz

2 1/2 inch strips 4 lbs 6 oz

Will I live long enough to make 11 new shirt quilts? probably not. One can dream.

I  am linking to:

2 comments:

  1. I love your shirtings! They will make pretty quilts someday. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a great selection of shirt fabrics! They're becoming harder to find at a good price at our thrift stores. It seems like knit shirts are becoming more popular around here. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete