Saturday, April 22, 2023

lucky star

This week I worked on my lucky star blocks in purple for the rainbow scrap challenge this month. I still have a week to go before the end of the month. I may still get to work on my girlie girl.


I have had fabrics pulled for a quilt for a while now. I was not in the mood for piecing, so, I started cutting. I am using recycled shirts, and making a kaliedescope quilt found in this older book. I just needed to cut 4 1/2 inch strips. I have other colors that I still need to cut. I may be cutting enough for 100 quilts, but, it was therapuetic. The book still has templates, and, no rotary cutting instructions. I can remember my first quilts were made that way. Thank goodness for the invention of rotary cutting.

I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. Amen to rotary cutters! Love your stars, Maggie. I’ve got (18+40+109) 167 of those to make and sew into a Christmas quilt by the beginning of November! My April goal is go get them all cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, where would we be without our rotary cutters. Luckily when I started this amazing hobby eons ago, rotary cutters rulers and cutting boards where well established.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that book!! I love all the quilts in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this book too ;)) I love the Madras Kaleidoscope, it's going to be a wonderful quilt with your recycled shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have books like that, with no rotary cutting instructions. I'm not a templates girl, so I either figure out how to cut them with a rotary cutter or I skip that quilt. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That royal purple is gorgeous! I'd love for you to join my Sew & Tell party at Melva Loves Scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such deep rich PURPLE scraps, Maggie. SEW beautiful!

    ReplyDelete