Sunday, April 23, 2023

stash report April 23, 2023

I added some scraps from the guild table at our quilt show.  I haven't even taken them out of the sack. Most of  what I bought were 1.00 mystery bags filled with scrap pieces. The quilt show went well, with a smaller venue.

I entered sea sweptrainbow pineapple blossom, and Boho heart.

stash report April 23, 2023

fabric added: 0 yards

fabric added year to date: 56 yards 

fabric used: 0 yards  
fabric added year to date: 143 1/2 yards

87 1/ 2 yards used more than bought 

I sewed 5 days last week. 

Last year's stash report

Stash report  April 24, 2022

fabric added: 12 yards 

fabric added year to date: 44 1/2 yards

fabric used: 12 yards  bricks in the barnyard finished

fabric used year to date: 128 yards 

83 1/2 yards used more than bought. 

I sewed 4 days last week.

I am close to the same used more than bought number. But, I used less fabric last year


I have a goal to add one strip of wool to my village rug everyday. Some days I add more. Sundays, I spend real time on it, and make a little more progress. I mentioned before that I am having trouble repeating the dye color for the background, so I am hooking a little everywhere on the background.

I am linking to:



15 min to stitch at life in pieces

I ended the last year using 133 yards more fabric than I bought. But, I still would like to lower my fabric purchases in 2023 by 10 %

fabric added in 2022 141 yards

fabric used in 2022 274 yards


5 comments:

  1. You are definitely headed in the right direction with the fabric out this year. It's hard to stop the incoming. Good luck with your stash goal. I'm still working on the in side of the equation too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to add a little of the background fabric in various spots so that the change in color will look intentional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The three quilts you entered are beautiful, I hope you will win a ribbon!
    Repeting a dye color looks like impossible to me, and I'm sure the various tints will add more interest to the border.
    Thank you for sharing your progress, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the variety of green in the border of your Village Rug will make it sparkle! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for scraps too. Had to stop because no more room to store them, but I do use them all the time.

    ReplyDelete