Wednesday, August 25, 2021

sparkle redo

I had finding a back on my list for this Christmas Sparkle quilt. When I did the math, I was surprised just how big it was. I had been " encouraged" to add another row and a border to it by my Quilty friends. It didn't look so big at the library where I laid it on the floor, but in a home it was huge 110 inches long. I really don't want another Christmas quilt that big, so, I cut off the bottom row again, and I am putting it together as a smaller quilt.


I had the borders already on the quilt, so I spent time taking them off the bottom along with the last row, so that, I can put it back on the smaller version.


Our guild has a quilt show in October and I am busy quilting for the last minute crowd, it slows my own preparation a bit.

 I did a few leader / ender go fish too

I still haven't figured the best way to use them leader/ender

I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. How nice to have a group for feedback on your quilting and what fun to get together. I love the Christmas quilt and agree 110 inches is way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas quilt but gosh it would have been huge at 110! You'll be happier making it a smaller size I think. Sorry that you have to undo! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call on shrinking the Christmas quilt, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ripping is no fun, but sometimes you just gotta do it. Your quilt is so pretty, and will be easier to quilt and enjoy in a more reasonable size. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty design, but definitely huge! What size did you decided to finish it as?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you use what you undid from the bottom of the Christmas quilt to piece your back? Unless you have large beds or you want a lot of drop, that size quilt will be a challenge to store, wash . . .etc! Smaller is much wiser! It is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Christmas quit. I just don't do big quilts anymore either. Thanks for linking up your lovely projects with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete