Sunday, August 15, 2021

stash report August 15, 2021

I indulged in a  moda scrap bag. I enjoy the mystery. This one was funny, mostly civil war reproduction fabrics and... a 4 brights. But, I will use all of them, if, I live long enough.


 stash report August 15, 2021

Fabric Used this week: 0 yards    

Fabric Used year to Date: 129 yards

Fabric Added this week: 1 1/2 yards  
Fabric Added Year to Date: 101 1/2 yards

net fabric: 27 1/2 yards used more than bought 

 I stitched at least 15 minutes every day this week. And I had 2 days of retreat sewing - fun

One of the ladies at retreat was working on quilting her hexie quilt. She made the backing 7 inches bigger and then folded it under the hexies for a border. It looked great and was just what I needed for an idea for my EPP diamond quilt. I have had that on my mind, looking for a way to finish the edges. I hope to get it out and make plans today. If I do it this way, I want to hand stitch it down, not machine stitch it down.


I am linking to:

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea.
    I have a small hexie project I will need to border. I like this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun mystery package! The flower garden is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the border and binding, it's going to be a nice finition!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea for finishing off the edge of a hexie design! I've only made one small hexie project, but also had a hard time deciding how to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great way to border a quilt. Thanks for passing the idea on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very clever finish for the hexie quilt.
    I have bought one of the Moda bags too. Hmm, I don't remember what was in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun on getting a Moda mystery bag. How interesting on the random strips. Lol. Great idea on the hexie quilt finish. It is so fun to go to retreats and get inspiration to use in your own. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the idea for finishing the edges of the hexie quilt. My hexie blocks are my oldest UFO and I've started to tackle how to finish those off. Congrats on the stash busting and stitching time.

    ReplyDelete