Friday, August 6, 2021

crayon quilt top

It's a top. I made this crayon quilt using the colors of the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy last year or the year before. Then, I decided I wanted to make something different for the border, so it took longer than expected.

the grass and the wind were a problem

I found a pretty blue cotton sheet for the back, and made a scrappy binding. Now, it will join its friends in the "to be quilted" closet which is chock a block full. There may need to be a spill over location soon.


I have been sewing hsts for go fish leader/ender challenge from quiltville. I sew a few every time I am at the machine. I can't decide if I am going to trim them, or, hope for the best.

18 comments:

  1. What a great use of colorful scraps. It's a wonderful quilt! and your border is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crayon quilt is very cute! Hope you catch the quilting fever soon and quilt some of the flimsys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m excited to see your crayon quilt to the flimsy/quilt top stage. Love the letters in the border! A scrappy binding will finish it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute quilt top and fun border. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a border for your crayon quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so happy and bright. I love it, especially the border. Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going the extra mile for the border was well worth it. What a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!! it turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The crayons are so cute, and love your border idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! And I love the border. Now I want to make one (like I don't already have enough projects! Ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the crayon quilt, and the saying! Such a happy rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your crayons quilt, Maggie. Great idea for the borders!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! So cheerful. What a great use of scraps. Plus, I think we all call relate to the overflowing "to be quilted" list. It's universal!

    ReplyDelete