Monday, July 19, 2021

fish school

 Bonnie Hunter has a new leader/ender project for the next year called fish school. I have officially declared easy breezy blocks done, so, I can take the challenge and start working on this project. Bonnie is using 2 inch strips and HSTS, but, I have too many 2 1/2 inch strips, so, I am going to use those. I have a hsts die that I can use to cut 6 at a time. I started cutting strips to 9 1/2 inches to fit that die.  I went through a drawer and cut 115. By calculations I will need a gazillion hsts over the next year to keep these going, but 115 is a start. I think I will cut strips for this and another easy breezy block with the rainbow scrap challenge colors next year. I am not sure how this can be used as a leader/ender. - sewing the hsts? - making the block?

a little at a time goes a long way.

I am linking:

3 comments:

  1. What a great little unit! You'll have fun making them for sure. Can't wait to see how you decide to put them together. Bonnie had tons of ideas! Thanks for sharing this on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bonnie's L/E challenge and you have inspired me to start on Fish School. I have a HST die too and tons of scraps! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are super fun leader-ender units. :) I'm tempted quite a bit, but I'm using leader-ender action to work through the paper piecing of a long-time UFO. I'll enjoy see your fishies! :)

    ReplyDelete