Tuesday, July 14, 2020

to do : the other half

Jamestown landing looks like a big mess up close. But, the camera makes it look better and like it is supposed to look.
I have had a few not nice things to say while working on this. It is a really good idea to keep current with a project and not put it away for a few years.  I have wondered what I was thinking many times.
The grass was wet, so, I haven't really checked to make sure everything is going in the right direction.


Last week, I realized I needed two more blocks for the charming stars quilt. I made those, and, now, the blocks are waiting for more decisions. These are the 6 inch squares left over from that project. There are over 100 squares, more than enough to make another quilt. It is impossible to use scraps to the end.


I am linking to:

6 comments:

  1. sometimes I find it hard to pick a quilt back up after it has been in a project box for a couple years- I have one that I haven't touched much and I will need to reread the pattern and figure out where I left it - a quilt mania book and the book is in French and English which makes it even more confusing to find where I left off I really need to make the page better when I leave it off again which most likely I will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Jamestown Landing! This pattern is in my to do list also. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie! Yay to having Jamestown complete as a quilt top. Another UFO to the quilting stage has to feel good. And 100 - 6" squares - it's nice they will find their way to another quilt. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Jamestown Landing looks great in your photo! Scrappy quilts take shape when you look at them as a whole design, rather than block by block, I think. The blues and neutrals are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Jamestown Landing quilt took 5 years because it sat in a box for a few. I made the units row by row and checked them off in the book as each were finished. Contrast makes the pattern pop out, so avoid the lightest blues and darkest neutrals. Double check those broken dishes units because the triangles tend to flip around on you. Good luck! Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Jamestown Landing is a lot like my Spirit Song quilt that way — with so many different fabrics, you can’t see the “big picture” design from up close — but then when you step away, it all makes sense and it’s beautiful. I think life can feel that way, like a big mess that makes no sense when you’re in the thick of it, but when you look back on those times it becomes crystal clear that it was all part of God’s amazing plan for you. I love it!

    ReplyDelete