Monday, July 27, 2020

jamestown landing is a top

There is a funny story to my Jamestown Landing quilt.
When I heard that Bonnie Hunter was going to be in Indiana at the heritage quilt show in Bloomington, I was on the registration page at the very first minute. Jamestown landing was already sold out. I did get into the pineapple blossom class which was first. It was a great class, and, I asked Bonnie if there had been any cancellations for the Jamestown landing class in the afternoon. She called the coordinator in and asked her. There was. but, I hadn't brought any fabric for that class. So, during the break, I went shopping. There was a booth with scrap bags and I bought a couple of blue scrap bags and a neutral one as well. Others in the class gave me strips in blue from their collections. It was a sweet little personal miracle for me.

Now the top is done in time for my one monthly goal.




my jamestown progress:
blocks
rows

I am linking:



9 comments:

  1. your quilt looks wonderful and what a fun story! Bonnie is a very sweet gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful story. And a beautiful quilt as well. Glad to hear you were able to attend two of Bonnie's classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun memory for that quilt. I did mine in turquoise. She also showed us that it was really a 9 patch. Was this class held fairly recently?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love it when a plan comes together? It is a wonderful quilt with lots of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt, so beautiful! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful unexpected finish. Indeed, that was very kind of others to share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete