Friday, July 24, 2020

over the river finish

I have a finish this week. This is an older UFO with a story or two.
When my daughter was expecting her second baby, we knew she would be induced. She had PUPPS and was miserable. We were excited to have a date, and, I booked the flight and planned on spending 2 weeks with her. I knew I would need a sewing project, and, I had this pattern on my really "to do" list. I planned the panels, cut, and prepped, and marked them.
As it happens, for the first time in years, we had an epic blizzard, and the airport was closed for a few days. sigh. I missed the birth. It took 4 days to get there, and my new Grandson was wonderful and worth the wait.


I had plenty of time to work on this, even watching and caring for the 3 year old.  They were not picky eaters, and, she was great at getting everything ready. She wanted to watch the Harry Potter movies, and we did... all of them. I stitched and she cuddled Kyle.


This quilt was a Crabapple Hill pattern called over the river and through the woods. I's a nice lap size.

This counts for my one monthly goal and PHD 2020 I have finished 14 ufos this year so far, and started 7.

I'm linking to:

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your latest finish -- I love how it reminds you of a special time with your grandchildren. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish!! and what a sweet memory... isn't that funny how blizzards happen like that.... its like they plan them when you REALLY want to be somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really beautiful! And 14 UFOs finished this year! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is a wonderful finish, Maggie! Great story to go along with it, too. I remember seeing that pattern a long time ago when I was at a local quilt shop hop event, but back then I wasn't interested in embroidery. Now I would love to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I love seeing a mixture of embroidery and piecing on a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love quilts with stories. And I love the quilt and colors. Congrats on a finish.

    I had never heard of PUPPS before. Had to look it up. That's my new thing learned for today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful finish, imbued with such special memories, too! I enjoyed reading through all of the Harry Potter books as well as watching the movies with my sons as each one came out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic quilt and memorable story to go with it! Babies make everything better, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! The finish, the memories. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the great finish! A baby and a quilt came into the world during a snow storm. A wonderful winter memory.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Congrats on your finish and thanks for being part of One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete