Sunday, July 19, 2020

stash report July 19, 2020

Before Bluprint closed, I bought a mystery fat quarter bundle on sale. I hadn't opened it, until just recently. I can't say I would have picked up these fat quarters, if, I were in a store, But, I am glad I didn't have to go to a store. These will be fun when I need to play with fabric.


Stash report  July 2020

Fabric Used this week: 27 yards - I finished square dance
Fabric Used year to Date: 219.25 yards

Fabric Added this week: 5 yards  
Fabric Added Year to Date: 97.75 yards
net fabric: 121.5 yards used more than bought

I sewed at least 15 minutes per day - I am plugging away at Jamestown landing

I am still working on my snowman rug background. It is a large rug, so, it will just take time. I enjoy hooking the background. It is the mindless chain piecing of the rug making project.


I am trying to make swirls and unexpected lines to add texture and interest.


I am linking to:





15 min to stitch at life in pieces

10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have picked the large florals, but you did get some nice neutrals and small scale prints. The rug is so cute and will be stunning when finished. Not sure I could bring myself to walk on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good week on the stash busting and stitching fronts. That's a lot of background in your snowman run, so you've got lots of mindless stitching to do there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit my husband bought me one of the mystery boxes from them years and years ago - I think there were 50 fqs in it - I still have plenty of them that I cut up here and there and stick in scrap quilts - not what I would have picked out either but come in handy for scraps

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange/pink/green fabric would give me pause, but I like the others that you received. You are making great progress on that snowman rug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowman rug is just amazing! I saw this demonstrated once when I was travelling out east and it was fascinating to me. But I really don't want to fall in love with another hand stitching hobby! I will enjoy seeing updates on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That rug is amazing! You are doing wonderful on your stash use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing the progress on your snowman rug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those fat quarters looklike they have potential for a variety of projects! Your snowman project is coming along. Those long finishes make for an even sweeter finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your snowman rug is coming along nicely! It's nice to join you on the journey of it's creation! Long projects lead to sweet finishes...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress on your rug! And I see quite a few fabrics in there I could put into use! What a fun surprise.

    ReplyDelete