Monday, July 13, 2020

easy breezy

Bonnie Hunter of quiltville has announced a new leader/ender challenge for the next year. It's called easy breezy, and, it looks to be just that. She has given the directions for 2 sizes, a 6 inch and a 4 inch. It has taken me awhile to decide what I want to do. And, I am not sure I have. My first thought was to make the bigger block, since, we did little last time, and, I didn't get very far. But, it occurred to me that, if, I make the smaller size, I can use that with the shoofly from last year to get a decent size of quilt. I don't have very many 1 1/2 inch squares. I definitely don't have matching sets of 4. I will have to cut from strips.


Both sizes are cute. I will make "some" in the small size to go with shoofly. some= ?
But, I have a medium size box of 2 inch squares, I could use for the bigger size, if, I find matching pieces. It would be great to use those first, and, then, move onto strips, if, I need to do that. I started digging around in the box. Some of these have not seen the light of day in years. It will be good to make good of use them.


I started sorting some.


I am just sorting by color unless I find 4 matching. When the matching are used, I will just do 4 of the same color, and, then, who knows.

I am linking:



4 comments:

  1. you make a lot of Bonnie's quilts don't you! I think I have made 2 of them? something like that - I should do a leader ender but I never have gotten in the habit of that I should as I would have less trouble with that first bit down the rabbit hole by the needle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to do Easy Breezy also. But I'm definitely staying with the 6" size. I have made a couple so far and I cut a few more yesterday. I'm trying to keep the bigger pieces bright and light -- good way to use up some multicolor light prints. I'm not sure how many I'll aim for but I already have 5 done which is a decent start for a full year event. I like the idea of your making the small to work with the ones from last year. BTW, I don't have many sets of 4 in my container of 2" blocks. But I'm going to pull from there every chance I get as I don't have room to put in any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Bonnie Hunter’s leader and ender this year. Your box of two inch squares will give you a great start. I’m sure you will have fun looking at all the pieces that are in your box - good plan! Thanks for showing us what you are planning, I love seeing all the pictures on Design Wall Monday. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Bonnie.have never made one of her quilts but love her scrap user system and scrappy quilts.
    I also use her leader ender method but mine end up pushing out the project i am working on becoming the new leader lol

    ReplyDelete