Friday, July 3, 2020

mystery progress

I am making progress on the old world mystery quilt from Quilted Twins. I haven't sewn as much, since, I injured my finger. I really like putting this quilt together. It looks complicated, but, it doesn't have matching seams.


I have been cutting scraps almost everyday. At first, I was timid about cutting with a rotary cutter, even though, It was a kitchen knife that hurt my finger. But, any sharp object gave me a little anxiety. I am gaining my confidence. The plan is to work on scraps for at least 15 minutes a day. Once I start, I tend to do more. Goodness knows, I would have to cut all day to have any impact on the scrap problem around here.


The reveal is here for the old world mystery quilt at Quilted Twins.

My progress:
clue 1
clue 2
clue 3
clue 4
clue 5
clue 6
I'm linking to:

5 comments:

  1. A bad cut certainly can make sharp objects more intimidating. Good for you for cutting up those scraps :) Your quilt is looking great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is going to be GORGEOUS, Maggie!!! Nice job on your scrap cutting. Setting your timer and chopping away sounds like a good plan and a great way to make some headway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to set the same goal, of working on scrap organization every day. It is so overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love your reds and golds together! Your mystery quilt glows like rubies and citrine!

    ReplyDelete