Saturday, July 11, 2020

a bit of blue

I have enough blue scraps that I could probably use it every month, and, not see the bottom of the barrel. So, I don't mind that we are doing blue again this year for the rainbow scrap challenge. I made these country roads blocks with whatever my hand picked from the 1 1/2 inch bin as long as it was blue.



One of my one monthly goals for July is to join my Jamestown landing blocks into a top. I am using them as a leader/ ender as I work on other blue rainbow projects.


I have three rows ready to join together.



My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road

jamestown landing

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap
UFO busting

11 comments:

  1. My blue bucket is bottomless too. Glad you were able to make a dent though, and you ended up with some great blocks in the process

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your country roads blocks; this is a delightful pattern, and the blocks are going to fit together so nicely. There's no need for alternate blocks or sashing. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't WAIT to see your Jamestown Landing come together, Maggie! I love that pattern and it looks like yours will be a bit different than most with those neutral Crumb blocks in the mix. Nice job on working on some Dark BLUE for the RSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, think your Country Road blocks are coming along nicely. Jamestown Landing is a pattern I’ve always liked. Yours will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those country roads blocks are such great blocks, and I bet they go together quickly if you already have the strips cut. Good luck on your Jamestown Landing goal, too! That's going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the country roads block, I don't think I've seen that one before. Nice fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have mostly blue scraps too. I bookmarked that Country Roads last time I saw you making them.

    Good luck getting Jamestown Landing together. I find it interesting that some people sew blocks into columns first and some sew blocks into rows first. I'm a row-er.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of blues! I doubt many of us could reach the bottom of our scrap buckets!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pattern, and nice blocks! You always have such great scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you... I could sew with blue all year and still have some hanging around! I completely forgot about Jamestown landing... that is on my someday list. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you to use up MORE BLUE! Your blocks are looking great and I love all the Jamestown Landing quilts that I've seen so far.

    ReplyDelete