Friday, July 17, 2020

square dance finish

I have a finish
From my Carolina home hosted a mystery quilt in 2018. It was the first time, I had tried one of her mysteries. I enjoyed it, and I like the result. It was easy to keep up with the clues, and, I had a quilt top shortly after the reveal, but, it has languished in the "to be quilted" pile until now. This one is called square dance. I chose to do the queen size. It finished at about 82 x 90 and used a lot of scraps.



For the back, I used a strip from a trip around the world that I knew I would not finish.


I used a checkerboard print for the binding, and, I quilted all over swirls.


square dance start 5/18
square dance assembly
square dance top decisions

This counts for my one monthly goal and PHD 2020 I have finished 13 ufos this year so far, and started 7.

I'm linking to:

14 comments:

  1. That is a great scrappy finish. I really like the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll with finishing, Maggie! I like this one a lot - especially how those light stars stand out from the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the mystery quilt and using Trip strip for the back.
    Fabulous to have finished 13 ufos. I wish I knew you secret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great - and Square dance is a perfect name!! it reminds me of one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty quilt -- Square Dance! Love From My Carolina Home blog too! The binding is PERFECT! What are you going to work on next? See you at the end of the month if not before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on another pretty finish. You've done really well on your PHD this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice quilt! Great scraps, an interesting pattern, and gorgeous quilting! And such a good idea to add that strip of trip around the world on the back--one less UFO to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great scrappy quilt! Congratulations on so many finishes this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You quilt caught my eye as it looked very familiar. Now I know why - I took part in the same mystery but only did a tabletopper. Well done on a pretty finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Congrats on your finish and thanks for being part of One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Square Dance is beautiful and the backing is just genius. Liz in Houston

    ReplyDelete
  12. Square Dance looks fantastic!!! Congratulations on the finish!!! And the back is a perfect way to use the trip that you wouldn't finish! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful quilt! Great finish. I so love scrappy quilts. Thanks for sharing on the 300th Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete