Sunday, July 15, 2018

stash report July 15, 2018

One of the stashes I need help corralling, is finished quilts. I want to be able to see them without worrying if they are ok. I have been keeping them in a big pile in the corner of my bedroom.
So, when I found this curio cabinet at Goodwill, I was thrilled. It works just like I want it to work in my space. Truth be told, I might need many of them.


Many Sundays, I enjoy spinning and making yarn. I started the year with a 2 pound batch of dyed roving, and officially, it is now, all spun. There should be enough yarn to make a sweater. But I haven't planned that yet.


I had a chance to dig out blocks for glitter quilt, and I started putting them into pairs. It was so fun to see them again.


And for slow and steady stitching today, I have a binding to hand sew. I look forward to that.

Stash report

Fabric Used this Week 8 yards baby jax
Fabric Used year to Date: 290 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 138 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 151 3/4 yards used more than purchased. 

I sewed at least 15 min every day this week.

I am linking to:

sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces



7 comments:

  1. Very nice cabinet. Your quilts fit the shelves perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to display your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too just bought a cabinet and like it too. You'll love looking at them on display. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cabinet makes a wonderful display case. I will keep my eye out for one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way that your quilts are displayed. Now I know where I want to showcase my afghans and quilts when I redesign my daughter's bedroom. It is nice to be able to see what we have made. I love the color of that yarn. Can't wait to see the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool way to display completed quilts. Your Glitter blocks are such fun, looking forward to seeing that quilt come together. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, even with buying fabric, you are using tons! Your stash is really turning over. That yarn color is wonderful and I look forward to seeing the sweater or whatever results from it. The curio cabinet was an amazing find! There's never anything that good in my Goodwills. =) I keep my quilts in a pie safe, but there are a number of antique ones, so I need a second pie safe. LOL Your tall slender unit would be much easier to squeeze into the house. =)

    ReplyDelete