Monday, July 9, 2018

how we roll

As I was going outside to photo roll roll, I noticed the mandevella was really blooming.


Assembly of the rows has begun for roll roll cotton boll. I am so glad that there are not many seams to match, but it is always a challenge to get the direction on the corner setting triangle correct.


I am loving it already. But, here is the thing, I can not dredge up a single memory of sewing the blocks together. With all the triangles, there should be some memory. But, no. funny. Maybe, I did it in my sleep.



I am joining Jo's string challenge. My challenge is to finish all the Quiltville mystery quilts before the next one comes out in November. This time it is also a string quilt too.






9 comments:

  1. I love seeing string quilts but have never made one. Hmmm.. I really like how the dark plays against the light in your quilt. It is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking really PRETTY!!! I would love to sew like this in my sleep, too....haha !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very different way of setting the Roll Cotton Boll blocks. I like the look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress on Roll, Roll. I make (or start) Bonnie's mysteries every once in a while. I know I've finished one but I have parts made of a couple of more of them. One day... Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm up to date on my BH mysteries, the tops at least. I think I have a few in my to be quilted pile. I'm cheering you on to finish Roll, Roll Cotton Boll. That one was my first BH mystery, and I remember those HSTs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really liking this! I'm getting closer to starting this one. Maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for your link on Show and Tell Monday !! Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's going to be a lovely quilt. Is it possible you did all those little bitty HSTs around the blocks as leaders and enders? Maybe that's why you don't remember them.

    ReplyDelete