Monday, July 23, 2018

roll roll fixed

As part of my quiltville mystery quilt challenge along side Jo's country junction string challenge, I am working on roll roll cotton boll. Last week, I had put the rows together creating two halves and there was an oops. It is fixed now, and the center is all in one piece.


I was able to add the inner border. There is a pieced outer border, and, generally, there is a bit of math to decide the width of the inner border, but, the pattern just gave directions for the cutting. I am hoping it will work with my piecing. If not there will be another oops post. I really like this quilt. It might be one of my favorites.


I also added the triangle border to my rainbow pineapple blossom quilt. This time I did the math to decide the width of the inner border and it worked. I want to add a white border still to the outside.


This was a fun customer quilt for a nurse. The fabric is so cute. She just wanted an all over stipple.





8 comments:

  1. I can see why that quilt is one of your favs - it's fabulous! Quilty math drives me nuts. I can do it, but sometimes it really challenges my brain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roll Roll Cotton Boll is still my most favorite quilt. I love yours. Isn't it awesome when you do the math and it works out??? Such fun prints in the nurse quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how scrappy your quilt is. I can see why it is a favorite. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to get here from Jo's Country Junction link, but it just went back to Jo's post. I searched the last String Challenge to get here. Thanks again for showing us how to fix the oop on diagonal quilt mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful RRCB! Bonnie has great scrappy quilt designs--with a million pieces--but they look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making a lot of progress on those UFOs. The Roll, Roll Cotton Boll is looking great. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes those "Oop!" moments make the best quilts. When we have to get creative to make it work, the quilt has a piece of us in it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that first quilt! So pretty and scrappy! Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete