Friday, July 6, 2018

square dance assembly

I have been working on the mystery quilt from My Carolina Home. I am assembling the blocks as per the final clue. It is a fun quilt and was very easy to keep up with the clues.



I found this little catch all of scrappy bits next to the cutting table, and needed to sort and decide what to do with them.


There was an assortment of odds and ends that I either trashed or put where they belonged. I am still trying to find a low level of clean somewhere. What do you do with all the leftover pieces? obviously, I don't want to make the decisions about it when I come across the pieces, so I throw them in a container.


My Carolina Home

I am linking to:


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty blocks--I like the look of the half-rectangle units.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend just showed me her finished top from this pattern this morning. It's such a cool quilt! It looks like yours is really coming along.

    I usually sew all the leftover bits together and put them on the back of the quilt. It's a good way to use up all the scraps, and I find the improvisational nature of the process soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've found a home for a few of those scraps.

    ReplyDelete