Sunday, July 29, 2018

stash report July 29, 2018

I have had garden party on my to do list for awhile. I had a box of scraps, and no motivation to do anything else, so I started cutting. After the quilt block centers were done, I needed to decide on the 9 patches color.


Bonnie Hunter's is red and various neutrals, and I certainly have enough red to cut that, but I had seen this one, and wanted to try it.


Of course, I didn't have any printish fabric, soo... I bought some. Missouri star had a free shipping day, and I ordered these. I think it will be fun, and different for me. I can't fit another start into my quilting time, so, for now, it will be cut and in the closet.


Aren't the giraffes a hoot, and fun clothespins too?


We had a shop hop in town this weekend, and I added these for my double wedding ring. Most of my reproduction fabrics are dark and mirky, these should perk it up a bit.


I am hoping to prepare some applique this evening for slow down Sunday stitching.

stash report

Fabric Used this Week 1/2 yard
Fabric Used year to Date: 302 1/2 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 6 1/2 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 146 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 156 1/4 yards used more than purchased. 

I sewed at least 15 min every day this week.

I am linking to:


sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces

15 min to stitch at life in pieces

8 comments:

  1. You sure made some lovely fabric purchases. I always have to cut right into them and start sewing.

    Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric acquisitions are lovely as is the Garden Party pattern! I'm sure yours will come out great! Love that clothespin and giraffe fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute giraffes! But, that quilt is lovely. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The giraffes are great. How could you not smile when working with them? Although not typically my style, I like those soft pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognize those fabrics! Did you buy them at Carolines' booth at the Kokomo Shop Hop? You've made a good start on the Garden Party quilt, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing your version of Garden Party. You've got some fun fabrics for that project. Your stash busting success is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful totals! I love your black and while plan. I need a warning when your link goes to Bonnie's site. Her website freezes my computer EVERY single time!

    ReplyDelete