Sunday, July 1, 2018

Stash report July 1, 2018

I spent Saturday working on this little corner of my cutting table. I found some great stuff. I had a bunch of fabric that had been measured, and folded, and tagged. I put a little square of paper on the selvage with the amount of fabric, so, I will know at a glance if there is enough when I need fabric for a project. I had been too afraid to put it away since that room is chock a block full. But, it was not a time for cowards. I told myself I had to pick up something and not put it down until it had reached it's home. Some decisions were harder than others. but I persevered. And I actually was so happy at my progress, that I cleaned most of the table.


I found these on the table and I knew I had just removed them from a Joann bag. I need to count those in the stash report. If they are tagged, I know they have already been reported.



I even cleaned my shelf unit


and around my sewing machine


I won't show you pictures of the floor because, wow, it is a mess. And I still have some serious globs of untended stuff, but, that is for another day.

And today, I am slowing it down and enjoying some hand binding. yay.

Here is my report this time last year
Stash report 7/2017

Fabric Used this Week 15 3/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 238 1/2 yards


Fabric Added this Week:26 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 223 yards


Net Fabric for 2017: 15 1/2 yards more used than added

It's fun to see the difference.


Stash report 2018

Fabric Used this Week 4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 286 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 1 1/2 yards not bought this week
Fabric Added Year to Date: 138 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 147 3/4 yards used more than purchased. 

I sewed at least 15 min 3 days this week. more cleaning this week than sewing

I am linking to:

Slow Sunday Stitching link in sidebar

Oh scrap link in sidebar

sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces

8 comments:

  1. Looking good! Love the monkey fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are looking nice. I am amazed at how quickly I make a mess, but love a clean room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your time was productive! and all that clean space just begs for more projects, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to tackle cleaning up my sewing area too. Right now I can't see my sewing machine cabinet. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleaning the sewing area is on my to do list when I get home. Love that little ruler holder you have on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, there is a BIG difference between the two years! Your straightening up is looking good, and it inspires me. How do you tag the fabrics so you know you reported them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s a good clean up job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you made a lot of good progress cleaning up. Hope you have more time for stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete